Much of the discussion at OpenLanguage lately has been about how do we work with teachers. By getting out of the building and working with teachers, I think we came to a pretty good understanding of the problems language teachers face and how we can help them. The last few months have been about tweaking OpenLanguage to make it more teacher friendly. And I’m very excited to announce what we are doing to support teachers:
1. Free access to all languages: Teachers appreciate the importance of language in our lives. We want to celebrate this and give all language teachers complimentary access to all the languages available on OpenLanguage. You can use the language that you are teaching as materials in your class; you can also choose to study any of the other half dozen languages we offer.
2. Attract more students: There are a large number of students using OpenLanguage. They all need teachers. We’d love to help the connect to a teacher. Sign up and be listed in our teacher directories and start teaching.
3. Save time: Teachers often spend a tremendous amount of time and energy looking for learning materials for their students and other resources to help them teach in the classroom. On OpenLanguage, you will get both the learning content to use with your students, as well as lesson plans and practice materials to help you conduct your classes.
4. Have more fun: Many textbooks are boring and outdated, making class an uninspiring experience for both teachers and students. Moreover, teachers have to spend a large amount of class time on giving repetitive input (that they probably have done a thousand times before!). We help you tackle both problems and let you focus on coaching and providing corrective feedback.
5. Help students succeed: All of the above elements circle back to one goal: helping students succeed. Our goal is to work with teachers to provide all the necessary tools and support to make the learning experience more convenient, engaging and enjoyable for students.
We’d also love to hear what you think! Simply leave a comment and let us know how we can better work with you!